Larry Holmes KOs Scott Frank This Day September 10, 1983 Retains Crown
- Larry Holmes 223 lbs
- Scott Frank 211¼ lbs
- TKO at 1:28 in round 5 of 12
- Harrah’s Marina Hotel Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Arlen Bynum 40-35
- Judge: Frank Brunette 40-36
- Judge: Harold Lederman 40-36
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title
Holmes earned $1.5 million, while Frank was paid $350,000.
The fight was held in a tent erected adjacent to Harrah’s Marina.
A sold-out crowd of 5,187 paid $580,000 to see the fight.
The fight was televised live on NBC.