Marvin Hagler Stops Tony Sibson and Retains the Crown This Day February 11, 1983
- Marvin Hagler 158¼ lbs
- Tony Sibson 160 lbs
- TKO at 2:40 in round 6 of 15
- Location: DCU Center, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
- Referee: Carlos Padilla 50-46
- Judge: Tony Perez 49-46
- Judge: Marcello Bertini 50-45
- WBA & WBC Middleweight Titles (6th defense by Hagler)
Hagler made $1.1 million, and Sibson got $557,000.
Sibson was the #1 WBC middleweight contender.
Hagler cut Sibson over the left eye in the fifth round.
Hagler put Sibson down twice in the sixth round.