Floyd Mayweather Stops Carlos Gerena This Day September 11, 1999 and retains the Super Featherweight Crown.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr 130 lbs
- Carlos Gerena 130 lbs
- RTD at 3:00 in round 7 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 70-61
- Judge: Ken Morita 70-61
- Judge: Daniel Talon 70-61
- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (4th defense by Mayweather)
Gerena was down twice in Round 1.
Referee Richard Steele stopped the fight after Round 7 on the advice of the ringside doctor.
Mayweather landed 220 of 346 punches (64%) and Gerena connected on 99 of 308 (32%).