Miguel Cotto KOs Ricardo Torres – Both Men Dropped September 24, 2005
- Miguel Cotto 140 lbs
- Ricardo Torres 140 lbs
- KO at 1:52 in round 7
- Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Referee: David Fields
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 57-53
- Judge: Julie Lederman 56-53
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 57-53
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (Cotto’s 4th defense)
Torres down in rounds one, four, six, and seven.
Cotto down in round two (the first time he had been knocked down in his career).
Aside from the knockdown, Cotto was rocked in the first, fifth, sixth, and seventh rounds.
Harold Lederman of HBO scored the fifth round 10-8 for Torres. He scored five of the six finished rounds as 10-8.