Oscar De La Hoya Beats Hector Camacho This Day September 13, 1997 and retains the crown
- Oscar De La Hoya 147 lbs
- Hector Camacho 147 lbs
- UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 118-108
- Judge: John Keane 120-106
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 120-105
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 119-105
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (second defense by De La Hoya)
De La Hoya was guaranteed $9 million, while Camacho was guaranteed $3 million.
Camacho was floored in the ninth round.
Referee Richard Steele took a point away from Camacho in the twelfth round for excessive holding.
Compubox punch analysis credited De La Hoya with landing 373 punches to 124 for Camacho.
De La Hoya was also credited with 340 power punches, compared to just 54 for Camacho.
The fight generated 560,000 pay-per-view buys and grossed $22.4 million.