Manny Pacquiao Beats Marco Antonio Barrera This Day October 6, 2007 and retains the crown
- Manny Pacquiao 130 lbs
- Marco Antonio Barrera 130 lbs
- UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Jerry Roth 118-109
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 118-109
- Judge: Tom Schreck 115-112
- WBC International Super Featherweight Title (Pacquiao’s 5th defense)
Pacquiao hardly outworked Barrera, as Barrera’s plan was to keep the fight tactical.
There were no knockdowns during the fight
Barrera sustained a cut under his right eye derived from a headbutt.
Barrera was deducted a point for hitting after the break in round eleven.
Pacquiao’s Purse: $2 million