Pernell Whitaker KOs Juan Nazario This Day August 11, 1990 and defends his lightweight crown
- Pernell Whitaker 135 lbs
- Juan Nazario 135 lbs
- KO at 2:59 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Caesars Tahoe, Outdoor Arena, Stateline, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Ray Solis
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (3rd defense by Whitaker)
- World Boxing Association Lightweight Title (1st defense by Nazario)
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title (5th defense by Whitaker)
Whitaker was a 9-1 favorite.
There was a crowd of 5,500.
Whitaker’s purse was $500,000 and Nazario’s was $450,000.
Nazario was put down for the count with a left to the chin.